So we just booked a good deal with a flight to Singapore at the end of January, 2018. We will will be landing in Singapore on 24th. Now I know Singapore is not an ideal place to start a southeast asia trip as compared to Bangkok but I dont think we will be getting a better deal than this anytime soon this year and also Singapore is like 70 CAD flight to Bangkok.
At the moment we were thinking about starting like Singapore - Kuala Lumpur - Bangkok - Siem Reap - Ho Chi Minh City(Maybe) - Then check the Thai islands either the Gulf or the southern islands - off to Indonesia (Wife wants to visit it - still looking which place we can accommodate in our trip, maybe areas in South of Indonesia, Jakarta, Bali, Gili islands not sure). But I think Indonesia will be hard to include as its bit little off the route. I know we will be skipping the north Thailand Laos and North Vietnam but we can save that for our next trip
We can also do the typical route: Singapore-Thailand-Laos-Vietnam-Cambodia-Thai Islands but I think that will require more time than 4 weeks as some of the on land routes I heard take around full day and we dont want to waste any day.
But again we just started planning it like last week. We would like to know your opinion/feedback about how we can come upto a best itinerary for our 4 weeks around south east asia. It will be me and my wife in this trip and for now we are planning a budget of around 3-5k CAD including accommodation, transportation and food which we will adjust as we start finalizing our possible itinerary so we do have flexibility.
Feel free to share your feedback/advice/itinerary/experiences/recommendations/hotels/hostels/activities/food
Thanks and looking forward to hear from you
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 2 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 3 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 4 Bali & Singapore in October
- 5 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 6 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 7 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 8 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 9 Booking on the fly
- 10 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 11 Tea estates of Munnar
- 12 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 13 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 14 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 15 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 16 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 17 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 18 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 19 like my food
- 20 Laos or Kerala?
- 21 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 22 Portable wifi rental
- 23 21 Day Itinerary to Myanmar - Looking for Suggestions
- 24 Myanmar Itinerary -would like some help!
- 25 Where to from Tokyo?!