My husband and I are planning an 11 day trip (including travel/flight time) to Nova Scotia in the summer from a Sunday to a Wednesday.
We are mainly interested natural scenery, nature photography and light hikes. A day of kayaking and/or time to relax at a beach area 1 day would be nice. We will be visiting a friend in Halifax for the weekend part of the trip (2 days) so we need shape the itinerary around that.
From the research I have done so far, these places caught my attention most:
-Cape Breton, 3-4 days (western coastal towns, Baddeck, Ingonish, Skyline and Cabot Trails)
-Advocate Harbour & Five Islands
-Peggy's Cove, Lunenburg, Mahone Bay
-Halifax - 2 day weekend
Would like to see the Bay of Fundy from a location that would be a relatively short driving distance, and wondering if Advocate Harbour would accomplish that, or whether we need to view it elsewhere to get the full experience? Also, we are wondering whether a day or night on Prince Edward Island might be worthwhile or whether that will get in the way of our other priorities.
We can fly into Halifax airport on the Sunday and start our driving trip there, or can possibly take another flight to Sydney to get us closer to Cape Breton.
I would appreciate any feedback regarding creating an itinerary and any other advice. Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.appleofhealth.com/revella-brow/
- 2 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 3 Newfoundland in early June
- 4 HELP: Winnipeg to Grand Forks,ND
- 5 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 6 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 7 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 8 Nova Scotia in July
- 9 Cape Breton in early June
- 10 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 11 Magdalen Islands
- 12 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 13 How to break the drive from Montreal to Niagara falls?
- 14 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 15 Passport question for Int flight
- 16 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 17 Itinerary for 10 day Maritime trip
- 18 Icefields Parkway
- 19 3 Nights in Cape Breton
- 20 Parking in Niagara & Toronto
- 21 Itinerary Needed for Pacific NW, Canadian Rockies & Vancouver
- 22 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 23 Canadian Rockies (Banff, Yoho, Jasper) in July
- 24 Victoria, Canada
- 25 Car rental drop off fees or change itinerary Victoria to Penticton