I and my girlfriend are planning a trip to Western Canada in July for 3 weeks. We are renting a car, love landscape photography and hiking.
Could you please check my itinerary if it makes a sense to you? Something you would change in the itinerary? Do you have any tips what else to see or on contrary what to skip?
Many thanks for your help in advance!
5.7.2017 ARRIVAL TO VANCOUVER 22:00
6.7.2017 Vancouver sighseeing in the city
7.7.2017 Vancouver - - Kamloops? - Clearwater 4 h 41 min (478 km) – Wells Grey National Park 12 min (7.8 km) - Mount Robson 2 h 29 min (239 km) AM: car hire and travel PM: Kinney lake hike (2,5 h)
8.7.2017 Jasper NP - Pyramid Lake 1 h 11 min (92.9 km) - Athabasca Falls 35 min (37.4 km) AM:Cottonwood Creek/Pyramid Lake Loop (2h) PM: Cavell Meadows hike (3h) Lake Edith and Lake Annette; Miette Hot Springs
9.7.2017 Jasper NP (by car) Medicine Lake - Maligne Lake Parking -> Skyline Trail (20 km)
10.7.2017 Jasper NP Skyline Trail (24 km) -shuttle back to Parking / Dock area, boat cruise?
11.7.2017 Icefields parkway / Wilcox Pass 2 h (152 km) Goats and Glaciers Viewpoint; Athabasca falls?
Sunwapta Falls (1km) - priority:1; Tangle Falls; PM: Columbia Icefied - 13:30- 16:30 Athabasca glacier tour
Wilcox Pass (4km one way; 2h r.) - priority:1; Parker ridge (2,4km one way, 1h r.) - priority:1*
12.7.2017 Banff NP: Peyto Lake 1 h 13 min (80 km) Chephren Lake (3,5 km; 2 h r.); Peyto Lake lookout (1,4km); Peyto glacier viewpoint (3km) - priority:1; Bow Glacier Falls (4,3km one way; 2h r.); Crowfoot Glacier Viewpoint
13.7.2017 Yoho NP - town Field 44 min (59.7 km) / Golden 1 h 21 min (121 km)/ Rafting 8:45-14:00 or 14:00 – 18:30 (pref); Spiral Tunnels, Emerald lake, Lake O'Hara, Lake Oesa, Twin Falls,
14.7.2017 Banff NP - lake Lousie & Moraine 21 min (26.5 km) *AM: Larch Valley /Sentinel Pass hike (4h) OR Eiffel Lakes and Wenkchemna Pass; PM: Moraine Lake, chillout
15.7.2017 Banff NP - town Banff 36 min (56.6 km) AM: Mount Norquay - via ferrata tour: 8:30 - 12:30
PM: Corry Pass / Edith Pass trail (4h) /Johnston Canyon trail (1,5h),
16.7.2017 Banff / Kootenay NP - Mount Shark Helipad 1 h 26 min (67.8 km) AM: Two Jack Lake, chillout
PM: helicopter 12:00 to Assiniboine lodge
17.7.2017 Kootenay NP-Calgary 1 h 43 min (164 km) Wonder pass trail (26km; 9h)
18.7.2017 Calgary sighseeing in the city
19.7.2017 Calgary - Waterton Lakes NP - Waterton town 2 h 48 min (272 km) AM: Calgary
PM: Crandell Lake MTB?, chillout, Bertha falls?
20.7.2017 Glacier NP ("Logan Pass") 1 h 6 min (72.7 km) The Highline Loop - Swiftcurrent Pass hike (25km; 6,5h)
21.7.2017 Glacier NP via Grinell lake back to the Logan Pass (24 km; 6h)
22.7.2017 Spokane 5 h 26 min (489 km) - Winthrop 3 h 29 min (295 km) Grand Coulee Dam, Highway 20, North Casacades NP
23.7.2017 North Cascades National Park 1 h 34 min (118 km) - (? Seattle2 h 19 min (188 km)) Diablo Lake Overlook; Cascade Pass hike (4h)
24.7.2017 Seattle 2 h 19 min (188 km) sighseeing in the city
25.7.2017 Seattle - Mt. Rainier (2h) Mt. Rainier / sighseeing in the city
26.7.2017 Vancouver 2 h 34 min (229 km) sighseeing in the city
27.7.2017 DEPARTURE FROM VANCOUVER 8:30
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Hewlett-Packard CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 HP PRINTER Technical SUPP0RT d*j
- 2 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 3 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 4 Activity Suggestions for Quebec City + Montreal for 10 days
- 5 Victoria, Canada
- 6 Toronto - Last Minute Ideas
- 7 Best places in Toronto
- 8 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 9 Day trip from Toronto to 1000 Islands
- 10 Planning a trip to 1000 Islands
- 11 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 12 Newfoundland in early June
- 13 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 14 Think a horsey ride is a good idea?
- 15 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 16 HELP: Winnipeg to Grand Forks,ND
- 17 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 18 Nova Scotia in July
- 19 Cape Breton in early June
- 20 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 21 Magdalen Islands
- 22 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 23 How to break the drive from Montreal to Niagara falls?
- 24 Passport question for Int flight
- 25 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days