I will be travelling (solo) to Portugal from 21 June until 1 July.
I will be flying in to Porto first and then taking the train to Lisbon. I know there will be a festival in Porto on the 23rd and 24th June.
Originally I planned to stay 5 nights in Porto and 5 nights in Lisbon.
Im not much of a museum person and prefer architecture. Also love to walk around all the streets and sit at cafes watching the world go by.
Is 5 nights too much to stay in Porto being a smaller city? Or should I stay longer in Lisbon? Someone suggested I stay a night in Aveiro and a night in Coimbra on the way to Lisbon.
I am also planning to visit Sintra as a day trip. Or is it worth staying a night or two there and also visiting Cascais?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 2 Short Trip in July
- 3 Naxos car rental
- 4 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 5 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 6 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 7 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 8 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 9 Things to do in Brussels
- 10 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 11 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 12 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 13 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 14 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 15 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 16 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 17 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 18 K-Day
- 19 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 20 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 21 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 22 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 23 Greek Islands (small)
- 24 Campervan in Croatia
- 25 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?