we will be in Ecuador in May and we still not sure where shell we go and where not. We have list of favourites but non of them isn't located in the rainforest yet (!).
Now we doing our research in this regard. Since we to a lot of outdoor activities in the Alps we are confident that we can go for some physical demanding trips, which would allow us to see and experience more of the biosphere and wildlife than you can see if you book you into a lodge.
Honestly I haven't found that much yet:
My concern is, that those tours seem to be a bit overpriced: We know quiet well what all those outdoor equipment cost and a a full qualified mountain guide per day in the Alps. IMHO they all justify their rates by what you pay for a Galapagos trip. All those supposingly costly extras might be necessary for more comfort orientated travellers but we don't need any premium accommodation or food. All what counts its the unique biosphere and its wildlife!
Any tip in this matter would highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Anyone familiar with Sky Airlines?
- 2 How to count hotel floors in Ecuador?
- 3 Bolivian Visa
- 4 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 5 8 days in Ecudor
- 6 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 7 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 8 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 9 Going to Peru with 2 kids (9 and 12yrs)
- 10 Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Amazon Rainforest + more
- 11 Galapagos tour one week on a boat
- 12 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 13 Northeast Brazil
- 14 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 15 Lima, Peru - Travel Report
- 16 Galapagos - Family Wildlife Tours
- 17 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 18 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 19 Going to Machu Pichu with 4 children
- 20 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 21 James Frazer-Mann - Trying to book El Chalten via Plataforma10 ?
- 22 Adventures / full of experince tours in the Ecuadorians
- 23 Lima - driver for hire
- 24 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 25 OK one final question - concerns AEP!