It's a 'Special' birthday this year and I'm looking to retrace a childhood journey combined with a Dream Drive.
As a youngster every summer my family would drive from Abergavenny in Wales to Naples in Southern Italy to visit family.
I would be looking to fly to Northern Italy, pick up a hire car and then drive the Great Saint Bernard Pass, Lake Geneva, Milan and down to Naples.
If anyone has previously driven all or any part of this I'd really appreciate some route recommendations and general advice.
Many many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 How Can Get Cashgate Scandal Malawi Tour In South Africa?
- 2 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 3 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 4 Traveling Solo with 9 month old
- 5 garment travel organizer
- 6 International Wire/Bank Transfer to Guide Using Third-Party Service?
- 7 Which type of car ?
- 8 travel partners
- 9 Best bag type for 3 months in Europe - duffel, rolling, or backpack?
- 10 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 11 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 12 Trip to Thailand vs Greece vs Peru?
- 13 to travel or settle down?
- 14 THe case for linen
- 15 CAPITAL ONE CARD: NOT FUNNY
- 16 San Diego to San Francisco in 6 days
- 17 Honeymoon info
- 18 Great Saint Bernard Pass / Lake Geneva / Northern Italy
- 19 To drive or fly on an unplanned trip?
- 20 best travel app (android or Apple)
- 21 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 22 Newbie Using Whats App
- 23 replace my Nikon d90 by rx100 ?
- 24 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 25 Cape Town Ideas