My fiancée and I are planning our honeymoon to Hawaii for this coming August. I have been to Hawaii several times; he has never been. We have already decided on our locations: one week on Oahu and then one week on Kauai. I am looking for advice about:
- Oahu: where to stay? I would like to spend at least a few nights in Honolulu/Waikiki because it's touristy and fun. Should we break up our time in Oahu and spend half the week there and half the week somewhere else?
- Oahu: hotel/VRBO/Airbnb - any suggestions on great, but inexpensive places you've stayed? We are looking to go more budget friendly (less than $200 a night) as I know we will be out doing things for most of the time we are there.
- Kauai: hotel/VRBO/Airbnb - I would like to stay in Poipu (first choice) or Lihue (second choice) and I am looking for a more traditional, relaxing, beach, great pool hotel. We have budgeted for more here (up to $400 a night). Would love any suggestions on accommodations!
Thanks so much for all of your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 2 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 3 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 4 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 5 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 6 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 7 US whole month of January where to
- 8 Miami airport--safety??
- 9 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 10 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 11 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 12 Things to do in Toronto
- 13 Antelope Canyon visit in August - best time
- 14 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 15 Hawaiian Honeymoon - Hotel Advice
- 16 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 17 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 18 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 19 Dinosaur National Monument
- 20 NYC THEATRE DISTRICT...new restaurant
- 21 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 22 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 23 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 24 Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Pensacola Beach
- 25 Maui - luau question