We want to travel from Seattle to San Francisco. At present we are planning the following:
Fly into Seattle from Bozeman
2+ days in Seattle
Perhaps leave on the night train from Seattle to Portland
2 days in Portland and Columbia Gorge & Mount Hood / Multnomah falls
2 days exploring the Oregon coast
1 day in Redwoods
1 day to Mendocino
1 day to San Francisco - fly back to Sydney that night.
We have previously been to San Francisco, so feel we do not need to visit again. We will be traveling with 2 children; aged 5 and 8 (the 8 year old has very mild Cerebral Palsy).
Could you please advise on towns to stay
1) while exploring the Oregon coast and
Sights and towns we would like to see/visit while in this area include: Ecola State Park, Suislaw River Bridge, Florence, Oregon caves, Ashland, Cannon Beach and Yachats. Please advise if this is do-able in 2 days or if you recommend 3 days to do it.
2) in Redwoods?
We would like to stop and do some sightseeing in Klamath at the County Museum and Fort Klamath (if possible)
Does this route allow us to pass through the Avenue of the Giants?
On route to San Francisco, we would also like to stop at Fort Ross State Historic Park.
1) if we have enough time to do all the things we think we might want to do, or how many days it may require.
2) if there is anything else you think we should rather see / do.
3) any other advice.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NORTON Installation CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT 24*7
- 2 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 3 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 4 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 5 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 6 Big Sur Help!!
- 7 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 8 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 9 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 10 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 11 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 12 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 13 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 14 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 15 Rules of the NY Subway
- 16 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 17 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 18 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 19 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn
- 20 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 21 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 22 Las Vegas trip report
- 23 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 24 10 Days in Maine
- 25 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls